When setting up two-step authentication via an authenticator app you'll be asked to save a set of 10 backup codes in case you lose access to your authenticator device. These codes are meant to temporarily log in to change account settings without compromising your account's security.
If you can't remember where you saved these codes try searching your device for "Jagex - Backup Codes.txt".
If you lose access to your backup codes, we're unable to remove two-step authentication and you will have to create a new account. Jagex cannot remove two-step authentication or issue new backup codes.
- Backup codes are only available if security codes via authenticator is enabled
- Each backup code can only be used once
- Entering a backup code will bypass the two-step authentication and give full access to your account, so store your codes securely and don't share them with anyone
- A set of replacement codes can be generated as long as you already have access to your account
- Disabling then enabling a new authenticator app will also generate a new set of backup codes
Use a backup code to log in
If you've lost access to your authenticator app, use a backup code to log in.
- Log in to your Jagex Account as normal
- When asked to verify, select Use one of your account's backup codes
- Enter the code and follow the on-screen prompts
You can generate a new set if you've misplaced or run out of backup codes.
- Log in to your Jagex Account
- Under Two-step authentication select Replace next to Backup Codes
- Save your new backup codes to a safe place
Generating a new set of backup codes will disable any previous sets.