Generic security advice
Select a strong and unique password
- Keep your password unique and do not reuse it across other services. If one of your passwords becomes compromised, your other accounts will remain secure
Protect your email address
- Insecure email address may mean someone other than you can recover your game account without your consent. Keeping your email secure will minimise the risk of unauthorised access by a third-party
- Two-step verification acts as an extra layer of security that helps protect your email from unwanted access. Consider enabling it if your email provider supports it!
Secure your devices
Regularly scan your computer and devices for viruses, key loggers, spyware, and other malicious code with up-to-date antivirus software
Make sure that your devices are protected with a passcode when you’re not nearby
Be suspicious of anyone trying to gain access to your account, including phishing links and dodgy emails. Check domain names carefully before entering any account information and remember that Jagex/Pipeworks employees will never contact you for your login details
Steam | Securing your account
- Enable Steam Guard two-factor authentication
- Verify your contact email address with Steam
- Be vigilant for things to watch out for
Want some more advice? Check out Steam's article on securing your account.
Xbox | Securing your account
Want some more advice? Check out Xbox's article on securing your account.
PlayStation | Securing your account
- Set-up Require Password at Checkout
- Set-up Require passcode at log-in'
- Add two-step verification to your account
Want some more advice? Check out PlayStation's article on securing your account.