Welcome to Prominence Poker, where you will put your nerve, wits, and ability to the test. This article will guide you through the tutorial and contains all the basic info you need to start making a name for yourself.
Ready to get started? Then let's shuffle up and play.
New look, new you
First things first - create a unique, one-of-a-kind appearance for your character. You can customise everything from your body and facial features to tattoos and make-up. Have a play around to create a look that really speaks to you!
Once you're ready, hit Accept!
Tip | Don't worry if you change your mind - you can always change your appearance later on by navigating to Persona in the Main Menu!
You've got the look, but do you have the brains? Get familiar with the need-to-knows of gameplay:
- Prominence Poker uses a standard 52-card deck with no Joker cards.
- Prominence Poker uses the Texas Hold'em poker ruleset where players compose their best possible 5 card hand using cards from:
- The 2 cards dealt face-down to them (known as Hole cards) at the start of play
- The 5 cards dealt face-up (known as Community cards) throughout play that are shared by all players
- At the end of the game, the winner is determined by comparing each player's highest five-card hand - and the player with the best hand walks away with all the Chips that have been bet!
All clear? Then hit PLAY to start the tutorial!
Grab yourself an ice-cold Tourist Tea on the Mayor's dime.
Putting it into practice
Welcome to The Deck and your first poker game! You're up against the Mayor - head honcho of the city of Prominence and poker legend - and it looks things are going well for you.
Don't get cocky though, as one mistake could lose you the match and leave you stone broke. Take your time and follow the tutorial's guidance to learn how to play (and win!)
Don't muck about - this game is high stakes.
When the time's right, go ALL IN and take the Mayor down!
To the victor go the spoils!
Need a refresher? You can repeat the tutorial anytime:
- Select Find Game > Casual Game from the main menu
- Hit Solo Play
- Play at the Deck Casino to restart the tutorial
Tip | Need some further clarity on how to play? Head to the How to Play section in the Options menu.
Moving onwards and upwards
It's time to put your new skills to the test and see what else Prominence Poker has in store.
You can try your luck online against other players straight away by selecting Quick Play! Or, if you're looking for a specific game-mode, you can hit Find Game and choose one of the following:
|Casual games||Join a casual game to compete against other players. You can also invite your friends to the table.|
|Ranked games||Take on other players in a Tournament or Head to Head to boost your Rating!|
|Solo||Work you through the Mayor's henchmen and make a name for yourself in Prominence.|
|Practice||Hone your skills against AI opponents without the risk of losing any Chips!|
The Shop & Stash
Chips burning a hole in your pocket? Trade 'em in for outfits, accessories or table items at the Shop.
Time for some new threads.
Most items are purchased with Chips, but some cost real-world funds. These are:
- Chip bundles - Bulk purchases of additional Chips
- Boosts - Double your Daily Cut, add 100% bonus to your hand Reputation bonus and increase the odds of high-rarity loot (for 1-30 days)
- Cosmetic packs - Themed packs of cosmetics
That's about it for now. Get out there and get playing; we'll see you at the top!